I just DE-installed a LOCALLY working instance of Joomla 2.5.2 and installed 2.5.1 instead. Why? I needed to install the JCE Editor – and it would not install from 2.5.2. (UPDATE: when running 2.5.1 with JCE installed popup message announced 2.5.3 update and I went for it.)
- JCE editor 2.0.21 won’t install with Joomla 2.5.2 extensions manager. Disclosure: although installation of Joomla 2.5.2 instance is allegedly name-neutral in that the folder that contain sit inside the htdocs folder can be named anything…so it did not have “joomla” in my scheme – could that be an issue? The installation of JCE failed with a blank screen. Four times.
- I deleted my J2.5.2 installation, the database from my local Apache installation (using MAMP and phpMyAdmin.)
- I downloaded a fresh version of Joomla 2.5.1 and named its folder joomla2_5_xxxxxxx and copied it into my htdocs folder of the MAMP application.
- I recreated the former empty database using the same name as my online project.
- In extensions manager I was then able to import and install JCE editor.
Warren Post at the OPERA Blog service has great instructions (best I’ve seen) for setting up JCE.
An organizational tip
Copyright © forever by Russell Imrie