Indicated by the red arrow, a Google Search app-generated button for “District Taco“, (a local eatery with wifi pw guacamole and used as an innocent search target :) using the Google Search app (Android, iOS) will save a mini-map button to your home screen… iPhone 4 shown.
Search first time for whatever you want, object is to generate that button, which will take you to that good ‘ol Google Maps mobile friendly place—with car, transit, walk, pics, the whole works.
Until Apple finishes the spinning and triage for their new map system, this will do fine.
No Tacos were injured in the production of this blog post
- One not-so-secret reason Apple built its own Maps for iOS 6 (Talkcast) (tuaw.com)
- Apple tries to get former Google Maps workers to better iOS Maps (intomobile.com)
- My next phone will be a Samsung, not an iPhone 5 (tuaw.com)
- NASA And Motorola Poke Fun At iOS 6, Learn How To Get Google Maps Back On Your iOS Device (thedroidguy.com)
- Nokia tells iOS 6 users to try its maps (thedroidguy.com)
Copyright © forever and 2012 by Russell Imrie
1. My earlier blog on evolving social networking and its political power 2. on the blogging phenomenon and classic [print] journalism. This is to say nothing about social networking. I tweet @tweedyBard.